Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Do Not Taunt Me, Sun.

Some haiku to broaden the mind, today.
Fog-eyes move slowly,
Watch the systematic dance.
The man is old now.

You shepherd the fields -
Yellow and glaring and cruel.
How do you stay high?

Craned-neck for secrets
Or blindness, if nothing else.
Do not taunt me,
Sun.
I find haiku to be simple and gratifying, I especially enjoy it when I lack the energy to create much else.

I had a long day at work (4:30am to 12:30pm) and I really would like to say more, but I will cut my post short for sleep's sake.

I will say this though:

My brother and I are going down to Richmond tonight to watch a screening of the new movie, 'Juno'. It looks really great. Quirky, good cast. I'll post a preview clip for your enjoyment. I'm really excited about this movie, and I think you'll see why. I'll probably pay to go see it when it comes out, too.






1 comment:

Green Eyed Muse said...

I enjoy your Haiku's, Zach...don't underestimate the amount of creative juice you put into those little guys, though. Every. word. counts.

if you like Haiku, try this on for size:

TANKA--also borrowed from the japanese tradition: a five-line poem, of five, seven, five, seven, and seven syllables, respectively. the first three lines make a complete statement. the last two lines comment on this statement. (essentially a haiku + an unrhymed couplet)

an example:

Suddenly something
tells me to run up a hill
and look at the sea.
A ship almost out of sight
about to fall off the edge.
- Kim, So-Wol