Friday, December 14, 2007

Lightning In Reverse

My haiku for the day. Inspired by an interstate view of the Rappahannock River.
Skyward bony hands
Reaching for Summer's last breath:
Lightning in reverse.
The last few days have been pretty incredible. I've been working a lot, but I have a chance to look back now as I begin my three day weekend. The screening of Juno on Wednesday night was an incredible adventure (the best idea I've ever had). The movie was all I expected it to be: fresh, funny, quirky, honest, and full of the sort of obscure pop culture references I love. Mark, Whitney, Josh and I actually all happened to be sitting directly behind the critics. A pun-fest on the word 'press' ensued and was quite gratifying. There were many belly laughs. We were lucky enough to see a great movie for free and to top it off we got these sweet promo t-shirts as well (read: "Paulie Bleeker is Totally Boss). Great trip.

To add to my recent string of spontaneity, last night I took another trip to Richmond. This time it was for the 20th year of Eberly Carro. I was working with my sister's ex-boyfriend, Owen (who also knew the birthed one), and we decided out of the blue to go down there after we closed up. We picked up another friend (Melanie) and proceeded to drive to Richmond. Got there around 1am and managed to scrounge together a few beers for the three of us. It was really a great time. I miss having a social life sometimes, I really do. There was lots of flirting, laughing, etc (the usual scenarios). Originally the plan was to leave around 2 or 2:30 but we ended up staying until around 3:30 when everyone was going to bed.

I got home and thought about my upcoming 9am court appearance and decided to have a cup of coffee and just stay up and twiddle my fingers until it was time to go. I ended up sleeping for around an hour, but I still made it to court and got out with only a little scratch ($111 and improper driving). It's been a good few days.


I feel good. I feel open and free. I find it invigorating, the process of sharing your soul with another. The way we search ourselves for words is so honest, so unlike the rest of our nature. There is no lying when your heart is visible. There is no cheating when you eyes are wide like windows. There can be nothing to hide when we are all just humans. I'm excited to explore the friendships that have been presented to me, it seems like the right time to create connections.

Another haiku:
There is no lying
To bruise the spirit of man
When hearts drink the air

No comments: