Friday, January 4, 2008

"The last time I saw you you were on a missing sign..."

I saw someone I haven't seen in 4, maybe 5 years and it doesn't cease to amaze me or weird me out. You know how whenever you see a long lost friend-type, one of the people never remembers the other? I'm always that guy. I always remember somewhere between halfway between the chance encounter and 5 minutes after its over. Today, fortunately (maybe?), I remembered at about the halfway point. I think we'll be in touch, but I don't really know what for. It feels like one of those fated encounters that are the result of a string of seemingly coincidental events and lead to anything from a life-long relationship to another seemingly coincidental event. At this point in my life I’m sort of hoping for the latter. I feel like that’s kind of a sad thing to hope for, but I guess its okay to desire solitude. Sam goes back in a few days; I’ll record, I’ll write - it’ll be good to get back to work after this sort of social holiday I’ve been taking.

In other news, I finished the song based on the below-mentioned haiku by Issa. Its called ‘Brilliant Moon’. I suppose I’ll post the lyrics.

She sat in her room with all of the others
I sat in my room
We’re acting like love for all of our lovers
We’re acting like love
It’s growing like her cancer
Locked away but loose again, buying time

Brilliant moon, tell me it’s not true
That, you too, must pass in a hurry

I packed all my things and headed for the depot
I packed all my things
I left them behind, but now they overtake me
I left them behind
I fought it like a cancer
But I can’t seem to pass it like the time, she's on my mind

Brilliant moon, tell me it’s not true
That, you too, must pass in a hurry
Brilliant moon, the hand that keeps me down
Is the hand that keeps you coming round

No comments: